The Rideau Family Health Team (FHT) is looking for a committed and experienced full-time mental health social worker or psychotherapist with a background in primary care to join our dedicated team of Allied Health Providers and administrative personnel.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To provide patient-centered care as part of a multi-disciplinary team for patients rostered to Rideau FHT’s physicians. The role consists of a combination of clinical and program work including but not limited to:
- Providing psychotherapy (20-25 clients weekly) for youth (ages 15+) and adults;
- Facilitating psycho-educational groups (online or in-person) for groups of 8-10 people;
- Participate in weekly peer case consultation meetings with other RFHT Clinical Social Worker(s);
- Collaborate regularly with primary care physicians on case management;
- Deliver mental health group programs (e.g. Better Sleep CBT-I group for Insomnia, CBT Group for Depression and Anxiety, Overcoming Anxiety via MBSR, etc.);
- Improving existing and developing new health programs;
- Engaging in the development and co-development of ‘lunch and learn’ sessions for physicians and allied health professionals.
- 3-5 years of experience in providing psychotherapy to persons experiencing common mental health problems; Training and/or certification (as applicable) in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), and/or Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT);
- A demonstrated strong commitment to a collaborative care model and can work effectively in a multi-site team environment;
- Acts with diligence, reliability, and commitment to their work;
- Committed to ongoing professional development;
- Willingness to work within a brief (6-12 session) therapy approach.
- Training/certification (as applicable)in any of Interpersonal Therapy (IPT), Behavioral Activation (BA), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Motivational Interviewing (MI), Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD (PE), and Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy (REBT)
- Previous experience providing therapy through video electronic platforms (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, doxy.me, etc.)
- Ability to analyze and present program data in the service of continuing quality improvement
- French (or other language abilities)
- Ability to form relationships and/or expend existing relationship networks
- Experience with EMR
- System navigation skills and awareness of local resources
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Master of Social Work (MSW) from a recognized school of social work, or,
- Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology from a recognized Canadian University;
- Registered Social Worker (RSW) with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, or
- Registered Psychotherapist with College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
Since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, this position has been designated as a “Remote Worker” with more than 70% of activity expected to be carried out remotely from a home office or similar location. This is expected to remain in place until at least April 1st, 2021 and may be extended subject to the overall public health environment.
- We offer a competitive salary based on qualifications and experience;
- Benefits include, but not limited to, Group RRSP, Health Care Spending Account, extended health plan and dental plan;
- Applicants are asked to state salary expectations in their cover letter or CV.
- Rideau Family Health Team: 4-3625 Rivergate Way, Ottawa, ON K1V 2A4
- Lancaster Medical Clinic: 11-2450 Lancaster Road, Ottawa, ON K1B 5N3
- Riverside Court Medical Clinic: 5-3635 Rivergate Way, Ottawa, ON K1V 2A4
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must apply directly through our human resource management system at https://rideaufht.bamboohr.com/jobs/. Depending on the number and quality of applications received, we may elect to continue receiving submission following the after the initial application deadline of Friday January 22, 2021 .
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Rideau Family Health Team welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.